Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthday Thoughts

I was thinking today about how I will be celebrating my 36th birthday, in Jamaica. Pretty cool. Most of my 36 birthdays have been spent in Oklahoma. I did celebrate my 12th birthday in Branson, Missouri, and my 16th birthday in Guadalajara, Mexico, but other than that, all have been celebrated in OK.
(Not that any of you may really even care... I just thought I would share.)

Anyway, I will be celebrating tomorrow by driving 3 hours to the airport in MoBay to pick up 20 people from the Dover Christian Church (my home church)... my parents being 2 of those. Of all the birthday gifts I have gotten over the years, having my mom and dad here on the mission field, having the chance to show them the things and introduce them to the people that they have only heard about, and to have them be a part of the ministry that I have been called to is probably my best gift in 36 years.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brother. Enjoy your time with your Mom and Dad and your home church people. I'm sure they will see God's light shining through you, just like I did when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this week is productive for the Dover team and that God Blesses each of them as much as they bless the people they are helping.

    ReplyDelete